Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Faith, Easter Reasons (2013)

Usually, my first year in a parish, this is the approach I take on Easter. We can spend lots of time talking about sin and redemption, joy and new life, baptism and holiness, but if we haven't yet discussed what happened in the days after Jesus of Nazareth was crucified, then the rest is kind of irrelevant.

The argument is nothing new. It really probably dates to Justin Martyr in the second century. And the key phrase "nobody dies for something they know they made up" I heard turned perfectly by a minister on the radio. Heck, anymore, I can't even remember if I borrowed the "Holy Saturday huddle up" from someone else. Point is, other people said this; I'm just trying to get it out to my people.




(If you'd like to download it rather than stream it, click here, and right-click on the "3.6 MB" under "Apple Lossless Audio" in the bottom right corner.)

No comments:

Post a Comment